Paid parking for sustainable urban mobility
Q-Park stands for ‘Quality in parking’. Our fundamental choice for quality also forms the basis for the way we approach our corporate social responsibility. We first published our solution to the threats mobility poses to the quality of the living environment in urban areas in 2007. You will find more about this in 'Quintessence - The logic behind paid parking' on our website.
Urban areas are faced with the joint challenges of mobility, the economy and the environment. They have to contend with congestion, traffic cruising for a place to park, reduced budgets for facilities, reduced accessibility, air pollution, and unattractive and unsafe streets and squares full of parked cars.
Regulated and paid parking, preferably in clean and safe facilities, offers a sustainable answer to the urban challenges. These points are therefore interwoven in our CSR policy. We are delighted with the impact of this policy and the results. You can read more about this in our CSR 2014 report.
- Part of the remuneration paid to senior management is derived from the corporate social responsibility results.
- We are still improving our ranking on the Transparency Benchmark, in 2013 we rose from 45th to 19th place.
- We have reduced our CO2 footprint per parking space.
- We have detailed the materiality analysis for relevant issues on which we are reporting for the first time this year.
- The interactive business model gives insight into our value creation including its impact.